1. Thou shalt simplify.
2. Thou shalt listen.
3. Thou shalt remember.
4. Thou shalt speak unto others as thou wouldst have others speak unto thee.
5. Thou shalt clarify hard-to-understand Bible terminology.
6. Thou shalt use stories and illustrations.
7. Thou shalt keep a sense of humor.
8. Thou shalt practice what thou preachest.
9. Thou shalt be creative.
10. Thou shalt have patience.
Taken from Accent Bible Curriculum, Spring 2009
I think everyone should be constantly striving to become a better communicator. Those who fail to communicate effectively are those who fail to evaluate themselves and seek improvement. Some of the best teachers I have had were those who were always looking for ways to improve.