Thursday, November 17, 2011

Is Reading to a Child Important?


The time that parents spend reading to a child will greatly affect a child’s desire to read. An important factor in whether a child learns to read or not – and how well he will ever read – is his desire. Parents build in children a desire for reading by reading to them at a young age. A child will learn to associate reading with pleasure and love.


The things I want to know are in books; my best friend is the man who'll get me a book I ain't read. 
- Abraham Lincoln

1 comment:

  1. I will always remember my mom reading to me when my sister and I were little. I can still recall the excitement of getting to hear the next chapter and imagining the scenes in my mind. She read aloud Red Sails to Capri, Around the World in Eighty Days, the Indian in the Cupboard, among others! I will do the same for my kids, whether I homeschool or not. Good job, Mom! =)

    ReplyDelete

Your encouraging comments are appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails