Monday, November 16, 2009

From my bookshelf...


I am almost finished reading Counsel for Christian Workers by Charles Spurgeon. This is the first book of Spurgeon's sermons that I have read. I was surprised by how down to earth and practical he is. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who is involved in Christian service. Here are a couple of quotes from the book:

"Spend and be spent in your Master's service."

"The danger of every Christian worker is that of falling into routine and self-sufficiency."

I borrowed this book from the college library but am definitely planning to purchase a copy of it for myself.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the recommending this book. I always like to know about a book before I purchase it...sounds like a great book.

    Love the quotes! reveals the heart of the book I'm sure.

    God bless..
    HOPE

    ReplyDelete

Your encouraging comments are appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails